HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sasha
-DIVER DRIVE-

Female

Permanent Name : Sasha
Custom Title : I've got 141 and 2/3 percent chance of winning.
Activity Points : 39828

PostSubject: Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)   Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Legends speak of a large obelisk on an equally large cliff top spanning a landscape so large...well, you get what I mean here. It's big, thus it must be really important. Of course, the one thing I didn't mention is that the obelisk...is upside down, protruding out of the cliff like an ingrown tooth, expanded tenfold and colored black. (Not surprisingly, the landmark has been referred to as “the big black overbite” for just that reason).

Anyways...It remains unexplored, and you, as the typical ragtag band of adventurers, must explore it and hopefully get to the end...just be wary of what is inside. Being that it IS unexplored, after all, there's no telling what's inside...and we're not talking about monsters, either. There is a supranatural aura about the place...as if it could be potentially larger [and crazier] than its appearance would suggest. Be prepared for ANYTHING. (and I mean ANYTHING, especially when you consider who's in charge of this here setting...)

This game will be using the Risus ruleset, and a [rather long, but easy-to-understand] description of how things are gonna work around here will follow shortly. No real RPG experience necessary...the rules are rather simplistic (and creative, too~).

CHARACTER CREATION:
Creating a character is rather simple. Your characters are defined by their Cliches. Cliches are a shorthand which basically describes what a character knows how to do. You can take average Cliches like Fighter or Magic-User (I may ask for specifics in some of those areas), some contemporary ones like Spy or Computer Nerd...even rather silly but still useful ones like William Shatner (able to ham his way out of any situation) or BRIAN BLESSED (has a voice so loud, it can render unprotected ears nearly deaf).

Cliches are defined in terms of six-sided dice. [Virtual or real is up to you, they just have to be of the six-sided variety.] The maximum number of dice available is 10...how you assign them is up to you.

EXAMPLE CHARACTER, FOR REFERENCE'S SAKES:

LOTUS:
A dude in a dress who possesses near-superhuman levels of alcohol tolerance...doesn't mean he still can't get drunk, though.

Cliches:
Martial Artist (4 dice)
Drunkard (3 dice)
Prostitution (3 dice)

So...is anyone potentially interested?
Back to top Go down
http://forums.scatteredhorizon.com/index.php
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 57979

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)   Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Potentially, yes.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 125585

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)   Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Me too, but this isn't enough rules, really. At least for me. << Cliches and archetypes okay, but what good will the levels be if we choose them, hmm?

And with 10 we're forced to specialize or else pick a really weak selection of abilities. But that said.... it's normal for an RP where the heroes are beginners and starting out.
Back to top Go down
Sasha
-DIVER DRIVE-

Female

Permanent Name : Sasha
Custom Title : I've got 141 and 2/3 percent chance of winning.
Activity Points : 39828

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)   Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Oh, there's more rules and the like....I just haven't posted them all yet.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.scatteredhorizon.com/index.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)   

Back to top Go down

Tale of the Black Overbite (OR: Dante's Attempt at GMing a Light-RPG)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: