Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood

Male

Permanent Name : Toast
Custom Title : Twenty One Toasters
Activity Points : 49270

PostSubject: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Alright, so… been wanting to RP here for a while, now. Instead of waiting for one to start up I could join, I decided to make one myself! The plot is based off an old story of mine which never got off the ground… the idea’s been lingering around in my head for a while, and I figured it would be perfect to turn into an RP here. This way I could finally do something with the concept, and satisfy my recent thirst for Role Play goodness.

xXxXxXx

The Crests.

Stone embodiments of immeasurable magical power, granting their wielders unfathomable abilities… artifacts left behind by the Archangel, in hopes that we may use them to better our world, not destroy it. Many saw him as a fool, and many more came to question his true intentions… there was not a doubt in anybody’s mind – he knew very well what we would do with the stones, fragments of his power, and yet he still left them among us, knowingly, willingly. Did he, too, crave our destruction? Our god, our protector, our hope, was he trying to be rid of us? Was that why he left them behind?

Unthinkable thoughts were thought by all men, as the horrors brought forth by the many Wars of the Crests laid waste to the world, leaving barely a trace of civilized society. Our gods had abandoned us, leaving us to destroy each other in our unending thirst for power. Time and time again, we would battle over these magical objects, never learning from our previous mistakes. War upon war upon war… for centuries, the bloodshed went unending. Until finally, one day, everything fell silent upon Earth… the world, as we knew it, was over.

We had battled each other nearly to extinction. The war hawks and the greedy were all dead, and all that remained were the small numbers of humans who had huddled together in caves in hopes that the soldiers would not find them, that they would be spared annihilation, all in the name of ‘peace’, all in search of the Crests. It was, for all intents and purposes, a pointless existence, to live only to be slaughtered over the conflict arising from the gathering of the fragments of the Archangel’s power. But as the dust finally settled, what remained of humanity had grown to be peaceful and timid. They had all seen first hand what conflict could do, and so they strayed as far from it as possible. In the hostile planet they had created, they searched for shelter, and eventually, our numbers began to grow again…

It’s been over 1,000 years since then. We are now once again a populace species, with our numbers slowly creeping back into the tens of millions. We’ve grown to rely upon the powers of the Crests not for war, but for expansion and survival, to aide us in everyday tasks. We have learned to artificially create energy similar to the energy contained within the Crests, in effect, creating our very own fragments of the Archangel’s power. Using these Pseudo-Crests, ‘Power Crystals’, as they came to be called, we were able to tame the previous untamable world around us.

Unfortunately, some of us began to forget about the wars of the past… eventually, conflicts once again began to rise over the Crests. At first, they were small skirmishes… but eventually, greed got the better of us. Some of us wanted more than the cheap energy we were able to generate with our own magic. They wanted more than Pseudo-Crests. They wanted true power… to be closer to the god that had so long ago forsaken them, forsaken us. It was then that the nation of Anhedonia was formed. And while nobody knew it at the time, it was then that the end had begun.

Anhedonia was led by the enigmatic ‘Brother’, wielder of the Seven Crests of the Archangel, the seven crests said to be the most potent in the god’s power, the so-called ‘Seven Keys to Abyss’. The crests once separated were now together again, and the once peaceful nation of Pax felt threatened. No one man should have that much power. Again, the war began… men went searching for power they could not comprehend. Mighty sorcerers and warriors alike all came into possession of their own Crests, in time. Most were false Crests, Power Crystals, utilized as magic amplifiers and weapons of war, while the highest ranking soldiers were granted the god’s fragments. War was waged upon Anhedonia, and once more, blood was shed…

Again, our numbers are dwindling, as the war between Anhedonia and Pax begins to reach its peak. Its become apparent to both sides that if the human race is going to continue, some sort of resolution needed to be reached… but even as adversity grew within the citizens of Anhedonia, its tyrant rulers, the ‘Seven Angels of the Apocalypse’, or simply ‘The Seven Angels’, would not heed to their cries for peace. And so it continues today, the ‘war to end wars’. I can only pray that, one day, this war will be stopped, and peace once again can be achieved.

It is my only wish. My last wish. My prayer.

May the Archangel have mercy on us all.

- Stanley J. Lewis IV

xXxXxXx

~World Mechanics~

I’ll make all of this as simple as possible.

~Technical Stuff~

Time, for the most part, is measured in Turns. Every time your turn comes around to post, it’s been one Turn. You’ll see that most status ailments have either “Turns” or “Posts” listed as periods of time. While Turns means that the period of time, and thus the effect of the ailment, only matters on your turn, Posts means that it takes place every time someone makes a post. More posts = more time = more effect. So while Turns are simply YOUR posts, Posts includes EVERYONE’S posts – very important distinction.

Also, just so things don’t get too hectic during battles and people aren’t left to read pages worth of stuff to catch up, we will abide by a Turn Order during battles. Out of battle, you can RP and move along as you want, but in battle, it’d be better to have a Turn Order, so that’s how it’ll be. When a battle starts, its basically first come first serve until everybody participating has posted. Once everybody has posted, the order in which everybody posted will be established as the Turn Order which will be re-posted in the first post of every page for as long as the battle rages on. However, to prevent people from waiting for too long, there will be a 3 day waiting limit. If the player has not responded within that time-frame, their turn is forfeit and all attacks aimed at them will connect.

Also, and this pretty much goes without saying, but your characters don’t die unless you want them to. They’re simply incapacitated, and you can give some excuse later on why they survived, whether it be help from an ally, use of magic, etc. etc.

~Forms of Attack~

There are two basic forms of attack – Physical and Ethereal (Magic). While physical attacks rely solely upon brute force such as the use of weapons, Magic draws on the energy of the Power Crystals or Crests and gives it a semi-physical form, which can then be used for various means. There are 8 Elements and 2 Karmic Elements that serve as ‘catalysts’ of sorts for the Magic to take form in our world. Without an element – or two – the magic would be nigh useless.

~The Elements: Primary Elements~

The basic elements of Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and Lightning make up the first five, the Natural Elements, and are pretty self explanatory.

The last 3, however, are more like ‘properties’, and may require more explanation. These last 3 are made up of Life, Empower, and Depower.

Life is the element of both Creation and Restoration. One with the Life element can perform spells that will heal themselves or allies, and also give life to other objects, or use a second element and give life to an Elemental, using the 5 Natural Elements as the host. People with Life element magic are generally used for support, being incapable of direct combat and instead healing others or creating aberrations to fight for them.

Empower and Depower are exactly what they sound like. Both, like Life, are ‘Support’ properties. People with the Empower element can do things such as cure status ailments, enstrengthen themselves or their allies, increasing physical strength tenfold, increase durability of weapons or objects, increase the defense of allies, or add immunities to negative statuses, among various other things.

Depower on the other hand does the exact opposite. Of the elements, it’s the only one capable of inflicting status ailments of any sort, and when combined with other elements, can be quite deadly. What statuses can be created through combinations will be listed later on.

~The Elements: Karmic Elements~

The two karmic elements of Holy and Unholy, for the most part, don’t do much of anything. Everybody has one, which more or less decides their alignment, but beyond that, you’ll find little use for it. If used as an active element, your attacks will be twice as effective on those of the opposite alignment. So if you want to be a true Hero or a damn good Villain, you can sacrifice one of your element slots to give a Karmic element an active property.

~Status Ailments~

The basic status ailments are Poison, Siphon, Destrengthen and Drain.

Poison gradually weakens the opponent over a period of time, stealing not only attack power, but their life force as well. If they aren’t cured with Life magic within 6 turns, they will be rendered incapacitated, or, if you so wish, dead. Depower can use this status on its own.

Siphon is usable by Life/Depower types. Siphon, when added to attack, not only deals damage but diverts half the damage dealt back at the user of the attack in the form of HP. Basically, landing with a Siphon attack lends you half of its strength.

Destrengthen is usable with Depower on its own, and renders the physical attacks of those afflicted useless for 3 turns.

Drain is usable with Depower on its own, and drains the user of energy, making them more susceptible to attack. This lasts 6 posts.

Depower, when combined with Earth, Fire, Water, and Lightning provide elemental ailments, which, unlike the basic ailments, can be more or less effective depending upon the user’s elements.

Burning catches people and objects on fire. Objects that are on fire can’t be touched, and people who are on fire suffer steady damage for 3 posts. After it ends, they’re left with the “Drain” status for 1 turn, as their flesh is now burnt and more sensitive to attack.

Frozen freezes people and objects. Frozen objects are harder to hold, and frozen people can’t move for 2 turns unless thawed out by Fire magic.

Surge surges electricity through the bodies of opponents, making movement hard. Your actions become slower and moving hurts you for 3 turns.

Stone encases the user in Stone, rather than the opponent! It renders them unable to move or attack for 1 turn, but also makes them impervious to all forms of attack for that brief window of time. It can only be used once in a battle,
and prevents any further use of magic for 3 turns afterward. Depower/Earth element.

~Obtaining Crests~

You start with Power Crystals for Magic, but Crest Magic is far more powerful. You can gain Crests by defeating villains, who will have Crests from the get go.

~Character Template~

Before we get to the template, there’s a few more things. First of all, you can have 2 (active) elements. One must always be a Natural Element and listed first, which will act as your weakness, and the other can be whatever you want it to be. Your first element is your Primary Element and can be used for either physical attacks or magic. This also determines your Strengths and Weaknesses. For simplicity’s sake, while being a Natural Element, Wind cannot be your primary.

When hit with an element that’s stronger than yours, you suffer double the effect. If an elemental status is attached, it will last twice as long, for example.

Fire beats Earth
Earth beats Lighting
Lightning beats Water
Water beats Fire

Anyway, the template:

Name:
Alias/Title/Nickname:
Alignment: (Pax or Anhedonia)
Height:
Weight:

Appearance:
History:

Style: (Mage or Warrior. Mages can use magic and the Life, Empower, or Depower properties. Warriors can use the Natural and Karmic elements for their weapons or selves, but nothing more)
Elements:
Weapons: (You can have up to 2. List their names if they have any, and what type of weapon they are)
Crests: (If any)

As far as attacks go, you can have up to 15, though you don't have to list them. However, keep them within reason! No godmodding or powerplaying, and no endlessly pulling things out of your ass. Those are all big no-nos.

xXxXxXx

Right then. You may all have a maximum of 2 characters.

I need at least 4 villains and 4 heroes to get the show on the road, with myself playing as the fifth hero and the Seven Angels of the Apocalypse. After I have that, people can be whatever they please.

I'm hoping to have at least 8 people, though if more are interested, I may extend the limit a bit.

~Participants~

0: Me
1: NES
2: Kev
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:

Last edited by Dr. Feelgood on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://monsieurtoast.tumblr.com/
Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 26285

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm interested in this, but what kinds of effects can we have the Crests produce?
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood

Male

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:58 pm

Beyond their basic function of increasing physical and magical power, The Crests will actually begin to produce changes in the physiology of those wielding them. The Crests are crystals which have images engraved into them, and the user of the crest will begin to gain properties similar to those of whatever's depicted.

So somebody with a Wolf crest, for example, would obtain heightened senses and an increased blood-lust, along with increased physical power and speed. Or, if somebody had a crest with something like a flame on it, not only would their Fire magic increase more than it usually would, but they would actually become fireproof, or become a being made up of literal fire.

Alternately, crests can be used as power sources. In this way, they don't give their added physiological effects, but they would activate inactive machines, or give an already active machine increased power.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 57025

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:41 am

My attention is piqued. I shall add more... cognitive thought when I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 57025

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:25 am

I feel as if we're strangely limited in customization... even more so with the classes. Only a warrior+mage? What about something more agile?
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood

Male

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:35 am

Well, I wanted to keep it as simple as possible in order to prevent the already gigantic opening post from being any more gigantic.

However, I guess there will be sub-classes involved later on, such as "Summoner" or "Inventor", or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 26285

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:57 am

I am still interested, I'm just waiting for more people to show interest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)   

Back to top Go down

Crestfallen (FTJ; Sign-up/Discussion)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: