HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 30901

PostSubject: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:00 pm

Alright, so I am finally ready to start launching the RP. Just two more class up and the game will start undergoing testing phase! I'm incredibly excited about this since most rules prepared by me are going to be tested out in real-time rather than having them posted and read-through. No worries though, whenever the players will undergo a new activity, I will tutor you about it. (I got this idea from Kingdom Hearts, where all the functions were slowly explained in each mission, not crowding up the player's mind)

Now, there are certain things I am not quite sure if they will or will not work, thus I need to research them during actual gameplay since.... yeah, not everything can be predicted with the players. Feel free to do whatever to try the limits of the rules. As always however remember to keep your character sane, since in my RPs it is common courtesy that the player CAN die if he tries long enough.

Now, here is the Character Sheet:
Spoiler:

Your weapons shall be distributed during the course of RP, so don't attach yourself to just one weapon for now. Many different, new weapons await you, some even not yet known to the gaming world like the Gladium or Lunis. Feel free to explore and prepare your character. The RP will be starting soon.

.....oh yeah, last note....

Cast a vote into the non-official poll!

What type of scenario will we play?
- Save the World!
Spoiler:

- Ruin the World!
Spoiler:

- Follow the path of an ancient hero!
Spoiler:

- Search for the Artifact!
Spoiler:

- Clash of the Kingdoms!
Spoiler:

- Path towards Enlightenment!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 125585

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

ThomasWindar wrote:
Now, there are certain things I am not quite sure if they will or will not work, thus I need to research them during actual gameplay since.... yeah, not everything can be predicted with the players. Feel free to do whatever to try the limits of the rules. As always however remember to keep your character sane, since in my RPs it is common courtesy that the player CAN die if he tries long enough.

<v< I love the humor-seriousness of that.
*gets to work on Nike and Oscar* If they're both 16, and they're meant to be Medieval-dressed... hmmm... *thinks hard*

*also votes for "Ruin the World!"* I think this has potential yet we never got to the point of carrying it out. So let's see it. XD Nike will have an easier time going ballistic, and Oscar a harder time being a pansy.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 48733

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:30 pm

We could unknowingly ruin the world and then fix it.

It's a possibility. A good story isn't just single minded anyways, maybe combine some of them.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 57979

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:13 am

I'm with Guy on that. Combine some of them; Save the World while Following an Ancient Hero while belonging to the Kingdom. That's the best outcome I think, personally.

Maybe have different heroes for each hero to follow. Like following a band of ancestorial heroes who fought before them and following their example. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

How about this idea for a scenario then:

"The human world is currently divided into 5 kingdoms. The Extera do not butt in nor show alliance to petty little human fights, thus the 7 Elemental Worlds are open for any Kingdom and do not restrict nor aid in the human war. (This means the Extera of all elements are free for all Kingdoms)

While there is relative peace in the human world, one Kingdom, with our heroes in it, found out a terrible secret. The Ancient Mana Crystals, supporting the world with practically 80% of its mana sources, are going to deplete their energy soon. Once that happens, they will start absorbing life energy from every living being in the world until they replenish their supplies to emit mana energy again. If this happens, the whole human world will die, leaving a lifeless planet alone. There is however a way to replenish their energy without sacrificing the lives of everything on the planet by performing a certain "task".

The problem is that the "task" is unknown to anybody but the Masters of Ancient Styles. These masters are still among the living humans, each representing a "class" from the available current choices. These 10 heroes have each embarked on a journey towards enlightenment, traveling around the world to gain knowledge, strength and power, while being completely unaware of the possible danger approaching.

The Kingdom now has only three available choices. The first one is to find these masters and stop the danger of the crystals. Second option is to shatter the crystals by force, that way ridding the world of a lot of energy, yet saving it from doom. The third option is to train new masters as quickly as possible for them to be able to communicate with the crystals thus obtaining the knowledge of the "task".

Since these masters are gone who-knows-where, The other Kingdoms do not believe the danger and will NOT shatter the crystals unless by force and nobody knows how much time is left before the crystals will start draining life, each possibility has practically the same success rate. This means only one thing. The Kingdom has to declare war.

During the war, small groups of young warriors will be dispatched in teams. They shall slip behind enemy lines and either destroy the crystals silently, find the masters or gain enough power to communicate with the crystals and fix them. The fate of the world, now lies within their young hands."

......so how does this scenario sound for you?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:58 pm

........ it DOES sound like you're trying to squeeze every possible scenario together. They can proclaim their cause or keep it a secret from the ignorant masses, act nobly or not for the sake of saving time, search for the masters or become the next ones, or finally pick all out war. You know, that storyline could be part of the book for establishing the starting situation, and then depending on the overall agreement of players, a particular scenario is played out, depending on what they like. Heck, they can mix and match till they arrive at any combination that's satisfying.

But it's a bit broad. We're still up for voting on the method, even if we agree to this background.

Oh, and here's my pair

Nike
Spoiler:

Oscar
Spoiler:

Last edited by Bookman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Male

Location : Out sailing the seas looking for rum with my jar of dirt.
Permanent Name : Necrolance
Custom Title : Why is the Rum gone?
Activity Points : 34561

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 pm

I think I'll give RDA another try. As for a scenario, I vote either Clash of the Kingdoms or Ruin the World. I'll think up a character later. Idk what I'll use.

DERP EDIT: I didn't see the other thread. Nevermind. I'll look at it and figure out which class I'll use. I might go for a mage this time. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Just need to finish the appearance and I'm done but this is what I've got.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Here we go.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mecha-Necro on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:43 pm

XD Phantom Egg. Nice choice Necro.
.... on second thought, HOW are you gonna FEED that egg? o.O Reading the rules in more detail would've been handy. XD

And I edited in the histories for Nike and Oscar. Much shorter stuff, but I'm trying something new this time around, explaining their class choices too.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Nike
Spoiler:

Oscar
Spoiler:

Both characters approved. Your history also grants each of your characters an artifact:

Nike:
Spoiler:

Oscar:
Spoiler:

The person who gets the bonus is to be chosen by the player.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:01 pm

As to how to feed the egg, Book... Perhaps if I brought it somewhere haunted by spirits? I read how the feeding works just now, and I would think an area haunted by spirits would work. Would it, SX? And I'm editing my character right as I'm typing this. Adding a history and modifying personality traits.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Well, I guess I shall wait with the rest of the profiles once they are in their final versions then... tell me when you are ready.

As to how to feed a phantom egg, I guess you will have to go capture ghosts and feed them to the egg. The quality of the opponent will result in the quality of the feeding, so yeah.... a grave digging ride is awaiting you.
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 26890

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Name: Skarssen
Class: Magic Knight
Personality:
- Charismatic
- Witty
- Open-Minded
Awakening: (Pending)
History: Skarssen is an orphan. Both of his parents were killed by a mugger when he was 10. He grieved for the loss of his parents, because, while he didn't like them most of the time, they were his parents, and he had loved them. Some months after being taken into an orphanage, he met a kid the same age as him named Jake. He and Jake immediately became friends, and after coming to think of Jake as his brother, Skarssen still missed his parents, but he realized that life always had good things planned for you, and began to love looking at the coincidences in his life (if this hadn't happened, I would have never met 'x' or done 'y'). His favorite quote is, "Laugh at yourself and make fun of your life. The only thing to take too seriously is you."
Appearance: He has pale skin, on account of his love of nighttime activities, and bright blue eyes. He wears his hair longer (past his neck), but keeps the hair on the side of his hair trimmed, not unlike Jake Sully's Avatar in the movie of the same name. Here's a pic, glowing eyes and pointed ears optional. ;D
Spoiler:

Extera:
Egg Type: Soft
Egg Rank: I
Egg Element: Smoke (Shadow + Fire)
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Edited and done.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Astram:
Spoiler:

With Astram's History, he is given the following bonus:
- Knows the location of the Thieves Guild, however is not welcome by the thieves.

I have changed a few of your personality traits, but treat them as what you wrote. I just add them to my rules files under those names. XD Just so you know, since you chose Air as the element, it means that every day you will receive the message "Feeding complete". Air is practically anywhere so unless you make an air-tight bag of some sort to save the feedings for a better one.... you will be the first to receive an Extera. But probably a low-MP one since everyday air is nothing special.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:29 pm

What do you mean by the air tight bag thing? And even if it's a low MP creature, wouldn't it make it have access to a large abundance of the element to use?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:51 pm

<v<

The way the Extera work, they feed on the element while eggs. Everyday instances of the element can satisfy them just fine, but if they were, say, fed by powerful Air-elemental artifacts, they'd grow to be powerful elemental lords.

In simpler terms, a rarer/more potent food grants a bonus to max MP. And MP limits how often you can use Extera skills. I still envy you - at present I think getting better feedings will be rather a hassle. And you'll have it easiest to get friendly with your Extera at the same time, since Air isn't naturally harmful.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Ohhh. Now I get it.

Alright, I'm game for it. I'll do what I can I suppose.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:03 pm

The rank of the egg means how many feedings you can perform to the egg.

Rank I - 10 Feedings
Rank II - 15 Feedings
Rank III - 20 Feedings
Rank S - 30 Feedings

Since you all have Rank I eggs, you have 10 feedings to perform. Each feeding, depending on how powerful an element it is feeding it, will grant more MP to the Extera.

Lvl 1 - +10 MP (Surrounding the egg with candles, heating it with a match, putting it into the oven, etc.)
Lvl 2 - +20 MP (Showering the egg with fireballs or putting it into a fire geyser, burying it into a gigantic bonfire, etc.)
Lvl 3 - +30 MP (Dropping it into a volcano, showering it with a Firestorm or a Blazing Inferno, etc.)
Lvl S - +60 MP (Having the Elemental Lord himself grant the egg access to the Realm's Mana Stream or Absorbing a powerful high ranked artifact of similar energy as the egg)

So the more MP, the more skills an Extera can spam during battle before it gets drained and has to wait to recharge. For example, let's say you get an Extera that has an awesome skill that costs 75 MP. That means you will have to wait 8 turns to use it once, while a 600 MP extera can use it every 2 turns, and that is if he uses up all his MP.

Anyway, when it comes to Air, it is everywhere. If you don't feed the egg, it just won't hatch. So, if Nike has a Mud Egg, she can feed it by plunging it into some mud, thus she can look for S quality Mud if she would wish so. Then again, remember that Extera can be switched during the game, so it isn't bad to have a weak one if he quickly joins and helps you out right? You'll just get a new one later.

Just remember that the egg absorbs its "feedings" as soon as it comes in contact with the element. So.... yeah, your egg will just require you to carry it around for 10 days.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Since my egg will require captured ghosts to feed it... Will Tsubasa be given some sort of method of capturing said ghosts? I don't see how as a normal mage he'll be able to capture ghosts. As a Soul Master, maybe, but I'm going for Devastator first of all, and second of all... He doesn't start with those abilities regardless. So I dunno how it'll work. But I'm sticking with the egg element.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Well, all you have to do is beat up a ghost of your choice and the egg will absorb it as a feeding. Remember, one feeding per day. You just need to find a ghost that is "willing" to become food for your egg.

Anyway, is that sheet ready to be evaluated as a final choice?

(on a side note, Linker ST is almost ready!)
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

It just might take a bit of time, but I suppose that sooner or later we'll run into ghost enemies that he can capture rather than kill, and... uhh...... feed to his egg?

Like how? Make 'ghost jam' and smear the egg with it? <v<

EDIT: SX posted, answering my question. Mhm! Well that sounds rather easy after all.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 pm

And I could create an air tight bag or some sort of thing to prevent it from feeding to save it for other options?
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 26890

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Erm, just making sure I'm not being crazy, but you can see my character sheet, right? Just want to make sure I can get in on this, I'm really looking forward to it. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)   

Back to top Go down

New Generation RDA is STARTING!!! (OOC + Sign Ups!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: