HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 30901

PostSubject: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Alright, I'll be preparing this for testing grounds. I think I finally found a great system, yet it requires testing (as always). Still.... I think this one will work it out! And since Master Gear was my best RP so far, I'm crossing the new Extera system with it, creating an interesting world, characters, skills, and everything!

Ahem:

Storyline:

Welcome to Soaria! The Inner World! We humans since time immemorial have lived in this world, having the Extera grant us their magical powers, making our lives easy. Each part of our world is located near one of the seven gates, that allow traveling into the Elemental Worlds of Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Light and Darkness. From these gates come the Extera, creatures that grant us their incredible power in exchange for growth, granted by us. By our side, they become stronger, and so do we.

Within this great symbiosis, we humans are also connected to the elements. We are of the same race... but all different, like our friends, the Extera. Yet we learned to live together in this world, and now, live in an era of peace. Some of us are peasants living a simple life, some of us create machines powered by mana that make our lives easier. Some of us are scholars, doctors, engineers, guards..... everyone found their place.

A group known as "The Silver Guild" is a place where you found your place on earth. This group is a Mercenary guild, hired for many jobs, from clearing rats to assassination or delivering packages to your local grandma. Everything can be done for the right price. But their specialty is hunting.... and not for some wild animals, but for treasure. The ancients from time immemorial have left a great civilization within the lands of the Inner World. Although hundreds of years passed or even more, the "junk" we find consists of powerful machines, much greater than what we have now. Researchers around the world pay great money for anything of historical or technological value. And that way, increasing our knowledge of the forgotten world.....

Combat System:

This is the easy part. The characters have 6 stats.

HP - How much damage you can take before you die.
Combination - A value that tells how many attacks can be linked in one turn.
Armor - How much physical damage has to be dealt before you can be comboed.
Barrier - How much magical damage has to be dealt before you can be comboed.
SP - Used for SP Mode and Ultimate Attacks.
MP - Used for Extera spells.

To deal damage, you need to use a weapon or skill. Some skills can be linked to a weapon to gain power from it, however if that weapon is disabled, it will disable the skill. The character can have an unlimited amount of skills and weapons, however the WHOLE PARTY can carry only 20 actions to battle. This doesn't include Extera Spells or SP Modes.

Each action has a set "Combo" cost. The total Combination value of your team is added together and from that, you decide which attacks you shall use. Combination recovers fully at the start of your turn. More powerful attacks drain more Combo, but weaker attacks can be used more frequently. Remember that you cannot chain the same attack twice in a row.

MP is gained 1 point per attack. Some attacks will drain more MP.

SP is gained when describing attacks used. You will gain 1 SP each time you describe an attack. Some attacks can grant more SP, however the higher the possible gain of SP, the more descriptive the attack has to be. Extra SP is added if you chain all party attacks fluently like this. Unlike MP, SP is gained for the whole party in a shared SP gauge.

Armor and Barrier are a HP pool that has to be taken down before you can attack the enemy HP directly. Until you destroy the armor or barrier, each attack aimed at the enemy has to be described as "blocked" by you. Once you take down the enemy Armor/Barrier, you can take control of the enemy body and describe how you pummel him/her into a pulp. Armor and Barrier regenerate before each attack sequence, so better don't stop your combos mid-way.

AFTER EACH BATTLE HP, MP and SP RESET!!!

Skills and Character Creation:

While adventuring and doing quests, the party will receive TP. This TP is gained by all party members (even outside of current party) and can be used to enhance their stats and skills.

To make things easier for you, I will hold onto calculations for the skills. You just need to tell me what kind of skill you want to have. The skill will be exactly what you want. You will be given starting TP for the skills and character, so to make things easier for me, use this format for the character profiles:

Spoiler:

To elaborate on this matter now. Name, Age and Gender are self-explanatory. There is not history, appearance and so on. You will develop your character in the RP and thus show his/her depth by performing actions, describing the character and perhaps even talking about the past. I leave you an open hand so you can add something "on the go" or if someone dislikes such descriptions, just forget about them and play normally.

Element has to be chosen from the seven basic ones. Every element will alter the appearance of the character and grant him/her a special bonus.

1) Fire - Fire humans are muscular and well-built. Their voices are loud and they are much stronger than other races. Fire humans spend less TP on physical damage and while in the field, they can carry much heavier objects with ease than other humans. They are however easily heard and cannot "whisper" to others. Their hair is red.
2) Water - Water humans have smooth bodies and are excellent swimmers. Both male and female water humans have similar body building, thus practically every water female is near-completely flat, while men never grow facial hair nor have a "manly chin". Water humans spend less TP on MP absorption and while in the field, swim twice as fast as any trained human from other races. They cannot run well though, so while not lacking stamina, their maximum run speed is cut. Their hair is blue.
3) Lightning - Lightning humans have only one race-specific body trait, which is zigzagging hair and sparkling eyes. No matter how hard they try, their hair, beards and other even eyebrows form into a zigzag shape. Lightning humans spend less TP on increasing their maximum MP and while in the field, can sense energy currents as easily as any human can tell which way is up. They have a bad tendency of causing electrical discharges though, so they try not to repair machinery without proper isolation and tools. Their hair is sharp yellow.
4) Earth - Earth humans are very fat and bulky. They always posses a big nose and huge bellies. Earth humans spend less TP on HP and while in the field, minor hits and attacks have no effect on them. They have virtually no sex-appeal though and can get stuck in small spaces. Their hair is brown.
5) Wind - Wind humans are very thin, with their bodies having a thin chest. They absorb air via skin, so they do not possess a nose at all. Wind humans spend less TP on Combination, and while in the field they can walk on vertical surfaces with ease. They cannot be suffocated by blocking their mouth, however they cannot "hold their breath". A wind human also has to have at least 50% body naked so he can breath (affects appearance only, not armor). Their hair is green and ALWAYS long and messy.
6) Light - Light humans are incredibly beautiful. Their main racial trait is the fact you cannot find someone ugly within Light humans. They are always considered beautiful as angels. Light humans spend less TP on healing actions and while in the field, their beauty grants them easier negotiation with other races. They however have decreased physical strength, making it harder for them to carry heavy luggage. Their hair is white.
7) Darkness - Dark humans have pale-white skin and red irises, not liking the light. Being attuned to Darkness, they usually live and work at night-time or protect their eyes with sunglasses. Dark humans spend less TP on Magical Damage and while in the field can see in the darkness even without light sources. They are however blinded under direct sunlight. Their hair is black. Dark humans cannot use the power of Light in any way, however they cannot be taken over by darkness from DAP stacking. They only suffer terrible headaches instead.

Whew.... now, weapon choice.
You can name the weapon, tell me its type, whether a sword, axe, bow whatever it is. Also, for special weapons, describe how it looks in general. In stats, just state if it deals high damage, or takes low combo costs, poisons, stuff like that.

In skills, similar to weapons, just "type" states whether it's physical or magical. You do not have to describe the attack in the profile. In stats, state what the skill should do. No passives, only actives.

Extera states what element it will have and whether it is "offensive", "defensive" or "supportive". That is all.

.....and that's about it! Further system effects will be described in the RP, so to not overload the player with everything at first. Once you set your team (at least 4 characters to form the party), I'll accept them and we go! Any questions, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 am

Since you asked for it Book, here's the list of available status effects. (for now that is)

- Stun (stunned target does not regen as much armor during his turn as he received stun points. Effect ends at the end of his turn.)
- Berserk (mad target must use an attack action, 1 point per action)
- Bleeding (target loses HP equal to points each time he performs offensive actions; all bleeding points are reset at the end of enemy turn, giving him the points in damage)
- Poison (target p.damage decreases by points. Poison lasts till antidote is received)
- Corrode (target's armor value from items decreases by amount of points till repaired)
- Panic (target performs random actions for the amount of points)
- Burn (Fire. Target receives damage equal to Fire Elemental damage received from the attack each action for the amount of Burn points. Receiving other burning attacks stacks points and damage. Receiving a water elemental attack automatically stops Burn.)
- Freeze (Water. Target's combination stat is reduced by the amout of Freeze points. The target gets covered in ice, that has as much HP as the Water Elemental damage received from the freezing attack. The effect lasts till the ice is not destroyed by receiving p.damage or dealing p.damage targeted directly at the ice. More freezing attacks stack Ice HP. A Fire elemental attack immediately stops Freeze.)
- Static (Lightning. Target will receive damage equal to Lightning damage received from the attack if he tries to increase his barrier. Passive barrier regen does not count. Lasts as many actions as the points received.)
- Crush (Earth. Reduces enemy combination by the amount of points if the Earth damage received in a single hit is higher than the maximum Armor value + additional armor stacked. This effect lasts until the target armor increases beyond the amount of earth damaged received that inflicted this status. Crush effect does not stack, but a more powerful Earth Attack will replace the older damage value.)
- Blast (Wind. Effect lasts for as many actions as points received. If during the time this effect is in place, the enemy gets knocked down, he will receive damage equal to total damage of Wind attacks that hit him with Blast. Damage stacks, however Blast Points do not stack, nor are replaced.)
- Purify (Holy. Target cannot use dark elemental attacks for as many actions as points received. Also with each action, he will take damage equal to his Holy Weakness.)
- Curse (Darkness. Target receives MP damage equal to Darkness damage received from the attack, at the end of his turn. Burned MP will damage the target. Lasts for as many turns as the points received.)
- Confusion (target cannot choose his target of attack for as many actions as points received)
- Silence (target cannot cast MP skills for as many actions as points received)
- Spirit Block (The amount of points blocks that much MP from being absorbed; SB points decrease with each Mana point absorbed.)
- Blind (target cannot use single-target attacks except self-targeting for the amount of actions equal to status points)
- Disarm (target cannot use selected weapon for amount of actions equal to points)
- Knock Down on target (target cannot be attacked, but loses one action to stand up. Knock Down points reset when the target stands up. Amount of Knock Down points does NOT increase it's effect in any way. It only effects Knock Down resistance. This status bypasses Status Guard completely.)

Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Here is the refined version of your characters Book. Feel free to check them.

Fire
Spoiler:

Water
Spoiler:

Lightning
Spoiler:

Earth
Spoiler:

Wind
Spoiler:

Light
Spoiler:

Dark
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Helljumper

Male

Permanent Name : Funk
Activity Points : 13118

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:09 am

Funk is back and ready for some more RPing! >Very Happy

So what exactly can we pick for weapon stats?
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 57979

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:30 pm

*tackles Nicolai* WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

If it's got Master Gear in it, I'm willing to try.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 pm

........um, derp. I didn't expect anyone outside of Book to try this one. Nevertheless you can join if you so desire. Still, I will have to explain you something so you understand what you are packing yourself into.

1. The world is that of Master Gear. The only change is that there are not 3 worlds, but 8 + 1 locked away. You start in the "Inner World" which is the human world. Also.... the story changed.

2. There is practically no dodging in this game. You only have "Armor" and "Barrier" and "Elemental Resistance". Armor&Barrier are practically extra HP that regenerate each turn to full. Until you deplete them, all your attacks are counted as "blocked/dodged" by the enemy. If your attacks take it down, you can describe your attacks do whatever to the enemy, throwing him around, beating up, etc. It's your call.

That system is made so we don't have to wait or "guess" how to describe our attacks and how they hit. You just count which one of your attacks will enter the "juggle" and just be creative then.

Elemental Resistance will be tutored later in the RP.

3. You get 1000 TP, 500 for skills, 500 for character stats. I don't want the system to be put online for specific reasons, so just tell me what you want your skill to do and I'll make it that. Later, using TP (Training Points) granted by quests and battles, you can increase your character stats and skills. Sorry if this is a burden.

Your skills can do ANYTHING. The system allows practically ANY effect to take place. Except for dodging and blocking. Defensive attacks just add "Armor" "Barrier" or temporary "Elemental Resistance". OK?

Also, feel free to try the Skill Building to it's pure maximum. The more skills you can think of, the more effects I can add to the list.

If you don't feel like being creative, I can also "auto-pilot" your character skill build and giving you a starting set of skills which you can modify.

4. Item creation.

There is no "buying" weapons and armors. You get "parts" that unlike the previous version of MG have a set "property" it will bestow on your item. Like for example:

Accelerator - (+20 Combination)
Broken Engine - (-20 Combination, +20 starting MP, +50 Max MP)
Crystal Converter (Wind) - (+50 Combination, +10 points to Blast effect)
Energy Radiator (Fire) - (+20 Elemental Fire damage, Adds 10 points of Burn status to attack)
Metal Plate (Large) - (+50 Armor)

So basically I completely simplified item creation.

5. Battle System

Every attack absorbs 1 MP per attack on a single enemy. AoE attacks gather more MP. Some attacks absorb additional MP due to skill effects.

MP is used when casting Extera Spells. You can check their effects on the example list of Book characters above.

P.Damage is absorbed by armor, M.Damage is absorbed by Barrier. Elemental Resistance cuts ALL elemental damage by it's amount with each hit. It's the ONLY damage reduction of the game, however also grants a weakness to another element. Safe to say, Elemental attacks are not affected by neither armor nor barrier.

Some skills can deal increased damage to armor and barrier alone, so watch out for those.

Combination stat states how many attacks you can use. Each 10 "combo" absorbs 1 MP point by default. The number of hits in the attack states how much "SP" you can gather from the attack, pretty much 1 SP per hit.

Gaining SP is easy. Each time you DESCRIBE a hit in IC, you can get 1 SP. If the attack description is good and creative enough, you get the SP. However if you fail at least one part of the attack, you get no SP from it. That is why multihits can rack up huge SP, but can also fail more often.

SP is used for SPecial Mode actions. Described later in the RP.

On a last note. You can create an INFINITE amount of characters. Each character receives TP, even if not in battle, so if Character #1 scores 1500 TP during the quest, you can spend them easily and if you get bored of him, switch to a different character that WILL have the 1500 TP to spend on his skills. Item resources do NOT work that way though, so watch out who you upgrade.

So....... you still sure you want to join? If yes, gimme your character sheets to check!
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 125585

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 am

I really wish you didn't make the earth humans fatties again. <.< They're decent candidates for stoneskin, grey complexion, but then there's 'have virtually no sex-appeal' on top of fat.

Here's my updated team of seven after I took the statuses and turned them into extra skills, like I said I would. I've messed with a few - I usually set something in stone and then gave X for other values, either Combo, rapidfire hit #, or damage, for the most part. If you match that value (or as close as possible) I'll be satisfied.

Also.... post the rules for the Character's own stats - the five basic stats, elemental resistance, and so forth, so I can spent the other half of my TP on them.

Fire
Spoiler:

Water
Spoiler:

Lightning
Spoiler:

Earth
Spoiler:

Wind
Spoiler:

Light
Spoiler:

Dark
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 pm

Just on a side note.

Combination states HOW LONG the attack is or how many targets it hits. It does NOT affect your damage output. No Book, a 60 combo attack is NOT going to generously increase the damage output of a single hit strike of yours. -.-

EDIT:

Also side note.

If you are making 7 characters like Book (or just more than 1) don't make them in the same style. Bookman created 7 DPS characters with mixed in status/healing and then argued with me that his healing, status effects suck, his AoE is bad and he has no Tank on the team. Now, while his approach made them versatile, they would not work as a team since he had no devoted 1vs1 DPS, no devoted AoE, no devoted Healer and Tanker.

Alright.... so that aside, if you create more than one character, remember to not make them both DPS. If you like the DPS style of play, no problem, but you will have to cover it somehow later either with Extera or Items.

Also, remember that your characters start at the typical "level 1". The more skills you have from start, the less powerful they will be. I suggest you focus around 2-3 skills at first, but it's your call though. Later you will enhance them.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Gotcha..... try this on for size instead (the topic will be a record of attempts at the characters at this rate). Not all values are in their final versions, but this is as close as I can get on my own.

Fire
Spoiler:

Water
Spoiler:

Lightning
Spoiler:

Earth
Spoiler:

Wind
Spoiler:

Light
Spoiler:

Dark
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Well, here is my answer to it:

Fire
Spoiler:

Water
Spoiler:

Lightning
Spoiler:

Earth
Spoiler:

Wind
Spoiler:

Light
Spoiler:

Dark
Spoiler:

New status effects added to the system!

Buff Status:

- Royal Guard (Lasts as many enemy actions as points accumulated. Focuses all enemy attacks on oneself except AoE.)
- Iron Wall (Lasts as many enemy actions as points accumulated. While Armor is present, physical damage is decreased by 50%, not counting Armor-targeting damage.)
- Force Field (Lasts as many enemy actions as points accumulated. While Barrier is present, magical damage is decreased by 50%, not counting Barrier-targeting damage.)
- Paladin Guard (Consumes 1 point per activation of effect. If an allied target is going to receive a KO hit, will take damage instead.)
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Here we go with "Passives". The starting stats for every character are:

Max HP: 10
Max MP: 10
Max SP: 10
Combination: 10
Armor: 0
Barrier: 0
Status Guard: 0
Knock Down Resistance: 0

Here are the stats available to buy:

10 TP - MAX HP +10.
10 TP - MAX MP +10.
50 TP - Combination +10.
10 TP - Max SP +1.
50 TP - Grants 1 Status Guard point.
20 TP - Grants 1 Knock Down Resistance point.
10 TP - +1 to Starting MP.

You have 500 TP to distribute.
- Lightning humans gain +20 MP per 10 TP.
- Earth humans gain +20 HP per 10 TP.
- Wind humans gain +20 Combo per 50 TP.

Also, you got an armor type to choose from as your "starter". It counts as an "equipped" armor. You can make it look in any way you wish though.

Light armor: 20 Armor, 20 Barrier.
Heavy armor: 30 Armor, 10 Barrier.
Magic armor: 10 Armor, 30 Barrier.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Okay.... here come the stats then. AND the SP Modes, since I remembered about those.

Fire
Spoiler:

Water
Spoiler:

Lightning
Spoiler:

Earth
Spoiler:

Wind
Spoiler:

Light
Spoiler:

Dark
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:46 pm

Lucy has still 20 TP. Your team is ready to go, want to start the RP?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 pm

20 TP spare? At least I counted the others right... oh, add 10 HP and 10 MP (so she's 100 HP and 50 MP) and let's go.

*sees topic* I'll post in it in a bit with the 4 I've chosen.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Derp.........

Anyway, another approach to the system. This time a combination of all the systems, including Dream Chaser even..... man, I wonder when will I finally strike a critical in these approaches...

Alright, system goes this way:

Stats:

HP:
MP:
Combination:
Armor:
Barrier:

As you see, we don't have SP anymore here in stats. Neither Status Guard and Knock Down resistance. The changes are quite drastic. XD

- HP and MP didn't change and they start at value 10.
- Combination now starts at value 100.
- Armor now absorbs all possible damage, physical, magical, elemental, whatever. Any damage is absorbed by armor. Once it breaks, the enemy no longer blocks and gets juggled and tossed around.
- Barrier absorbs status damage. Basically, status effects will drain your barrier without occurring, however once your barrier breaks, statuses will go Sparta on your ass.
- Armor and Barrier regen by default at the start of the turn. Extra Armor/Barrier gained from activated specials does NOT regen, but doesn't deplete unless with damage.

All stats recover after battle.

Anyway, there is no SP Max limit now. SP is gained after a successful attack description. If you describe your attack, you gain 1 SP. Only describing attacks grants SP. SP doesn't reset after battle, however stacks only up to 10 points. You can spend your SP on:
- Adding additional effects to skills (described later)
- Spending all 10 points on your Ultimate Strike. An Ultimate Strike is a free turn for one of your characters in which he uses ALL of his skills that he brought to battle for free. Their combination value does NOT limit the attacks, your character will use all 5 skills even if their total combo value would exceed his max combo. When you have 10 SP and announce your Ultimate Attack, your turn will be used normally and AT THE END of your turn, the selected character will Ultimate Strike the opponent, ending the turn that way.
- Extera Ultimate Strikes. If you announce a US and during that turn spend 10 SP or more BUT at the end of your turn you still have 10 SP to strike, your Extera will unleash all of its spells together with you in the strike for FREE MP. If you fail however, all the remaining SP and MP you had on your character will be drained to 0 and your character cannot attack next turn.

Anyway, skill setup now.

TP is still in count. There are however MAX values set for stats and those are:

HP: 1000
MP: 100
Combination: 200

Yup, adding TP is possible, however you cannot exceed these values. To increase your stats BEYOND the max value, you have to work on your Elemental ST.

What is an Elemental ST? Every character has access to the 7 elements. This means you can spend TP on buying skills from Fire, Water, etc. Whenever you buy a skill, the ST will increase and show you another possible to buy option. For example, when you start, it looks like this:

Fire:
-> +100% Weapon Damage
Water:
-> +10 MP gain
Lightning:
-> 10% weapon damage in Knock Down points
Earth:
-> +10% Max Armor gain
Wind:
-> Additional Skill Slot combo cost -1
Holy:
-> +100% Healing Power
Darkness:
-> Delay Effect to skill

So what are those effects exactly? Well, when you create a skill to use by the character, you need to make a name for it. For example:

I got a Wind Human, Thomas Windar. I'm making him an attack skill "Sword Slash". So, his weapon looks like this:

Sword - 10 damage.

So, I want "Sword Slash" to be more powerful, so I buy "+100% Weapon Damage" effect from the Fire ST. Now I create the skill:

"Sword Slash - 20 combo - +100% Weapon Damage".

Any attack with a weapon costs 20 combo. When you create a skill, it automatically allows 1 "slot" for a skill effect. So, "Sword Slash" now costs me 20 combo BUT it deals 20 damage instead of the normal 10. Nice right?

Now, look what happened to the ST.

Fire (1):
-> +100% Weapon Damage (GOT!)
--> +1 Additional Target
--> 200% Weapon Damage to Armor

The ST shows I bought one prop, and allows further enhancement. This means, I can buy another skill, and so on.

Now if I create a skill again, I can make "Sword tempest". It would look like this:

'Sword Tempest" - 30 combo - +100% Weapon Damage, +1 Additional Target

So, I got a skill that is an AoE now. But why 30 combo? When you create a skill, the "First Prop" costs 20 combo, however all other props cost only 10. This means that the more combo a skill consumes, the more power it packs at a cheaper cost.

Now, here's the catch. The props CANNOT REPEAT in the same skill twice. You can use these props on as many skills you wish though. Now, as you further Enhance your ST, you will find skills that are "Passives" that increase the limit of the SAME PROP being used in a skill. This will allow you to stack more damage and effects in the same skill. As you further go into the elemental ST, you will find more powerful versions of the same skill you had, and of course, their extension upgrades.

Also, as you enhance the right elements, you will also be able to receive a Passive like "HP Limit 5000". This means that once you buy it, you can enhance your HP beyond the human 1000. At some point of the game, you might even reach the peak of an element and receive it's ultimate skill like "HP Limit Release" allowing you to finally stack millions of HP. However before that happens, you might be already very, very deep in the game.

Now about elements:

The more you buff an Elemental Affinity, the more damage you will receive from an element it is weak to. So, if you buy 10 Fire skills, your Fire Affinity will raise to 10, taking 10 damage less from Fire attacks, but 10 damage more from Water attacks. Also, your attacks will now count as "damage from fire", even if you are a Water Human. The HIGHEST AFFINITY value determines the type of elemental damage you deal. You think the damage is small? The bonus quickly stacks in multihits, trust me. 10 hits and you lost 100 HP more than you wanted. If you are afraid of taking elemental damage, you can always keep all the affinities at the same level, making a balanced build with no extra damage.

Anyway:

Fire - Focuses on damage, armor/barrier breaking and range of attacks.

Water - Focuses on mana, it's gain, consumption, transfer and interruption.

Lightning - Focuses on status effects, buffs and debuffs.

Earth - Focuses on regenerating armor and barrier, gaining armor, protective effects and HP.

Wind - Focuses on combination, decreasing of combo consumption and combo damage increase.

Holy - Focuses on HP restoration, status healing, resurrections and elemental protection.

Darkness - Focuses on Damage over Time effects, traps, combo settings and Corruption Effects.

So yeah.......

And btw, the racial "TP" costs are nullified. Instead, the character starts with 3 skills out of his chosen element. Their appearance and field advantage does NOT change.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:19 pm

I'll be able to put Oscar and Nike back into this. Just a pair, one attacker, one supporter. (and healer, they'll both have HP enough so I don't need a dedicated tank, I hope).

So.... TP amount and costs for raising those starting stats? And - how many levels of elemental affinity do I get at start? Just one element, or one main and 1 level in - how many others? How will that work?
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)

Male

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm in the process of making it. It's not an easy thing to do. I'll update it probably this weekend.

"Back to the drawing board..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)   

Back to top Go down

Master Gear - Extera Crossover (OOC topic and sign-ups)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: